Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

@Rob-Xar, Preview rendering of Print document as PDF and not HTML.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

1) Email form feature, simple but useful to create an email contact form.
    2) Updated screen slider (full screen) that uses local images to display rather than using Xara hosting (which is slow). There has been few issues using this that I have indicated scattered around the forum. Recent one is with the use of fit to screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    @Rob-Xar, Preview rendering of Print document as PDF and not HTML.

Acorn
    Acorn, If you install acrobat you can see a better more accurate print of pdf when exporting.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Acorn, If you install acrobat you can see a better more accurate print of pdf when exporting.
    behzad, I have several PDF Editors and Readers. I am asking for a Preview that is PDF.
    I don't not want to go to the effort of Exporting just to view a recent change.

Browsers also have PDF rendering so a PDF Export would be viewable as an embedded document, just not HTML.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Makes sense.

I would like to see a complete redesign top to bottom so that all the features that have been added over the years appear in a logical and organized way. Features like the bitmap tracer that don't match up with the best, dropped.

Serif have raised the bar to impossible heights. Xara needs to rise to the occasion.

please do not drop the bitmap tracer it still has its uses for me in greyscale mode ( if you read this gnurf thanks again for the tutorial)
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@Rob, what is the purpose of Xara in the current market? I mean what do you want it to be or compete against? Serif? Adobe? I really like to know what the goal of further development for Xara would do? Is it to keep the current users from loosing them to the other camp or exceeding what is out there?

Marco.

Dynamic length so the page length follows the content of the page without having to adjust it manually. As such this would allow espandable content boxes. This is a neat feature in Adobe Muse and it surprises me that after all these years it is still not implemented in XARA.