Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
This is completely untrue. Win8 works equally well on a desktop or touch-enabled computer/tablet. The desktop environment is about as different from Win7 as Win7 was from WinXP. i.e. mostly the same. The only time you have to deal with the touch-friendly side of things is with the new Start Screen, which has replaced the horrible Start Menu from Win7. For me, that happens about once a week so there is absolutely no reason to be put off.
Actually, it is not completely untrue, it is partially untrue. Yes it works well enough on either platform but it is clunky anyways, but one needs to remember it is a beta and bound to change for the better when it gets released.

Just so you know my feeling on the new OS, I removed it from my spare drive after playing with it for a few weeks but decided it's not an OS that I would use unless forced to. It may be to my own personal preferences of not wanting to really dig into a new OS.

Another thing to remember, it's really 2 OS's in one so it will be more bulky in some ways. You can't have extra guis without that.

Anyway, would I recommend this OS? It's not for me but it is workable so I think it does get a pass.....