Hi,

Your only hope is to contact Magix to get it sorted out. You should also be on the Magix.info forum and then it would be easy as there is a link to the Magix email under Support. It makes it easy to raise a ticket.

I don't know what happened to cause the initial problem, but trying to re-register, create a new account, etc. is about the worst thing that you can do. You should only ever have one account with Magix. If you have to change your email address which is also your username, you have to log in to your account and do it there. Creating a new account just messes up everything. If you change your email address, then when you start a Magix program, Xara included, the next time, you will most likely have to put in the new email address as that is your new user name. However, if you have not first changed it in your account, then it will reject your attempt to access the program.

I have 5 days left before expiry after which I will no longer have access to program updates.

BTW, this whole divorce has caused problems with other Magix programs that have Xara products embedded in them and I expect even more problems as new versions are rolled out. I blame Xara 100% for this mess.

Good luck!