Hi stygg, Larry,, all—

Thanks for the feedback and please let me say I accomplished something I’d hoped for: group participation on tg. Yes, I did think enough of the Monopoly hotel and house pseudo painting to post it here, but fool disclosure is that I’m weak with perspective using drawing software and this was a chance to tighten up some of my skill. So it’s as personal piece and I probably should have typed “C&C welcome”, so Larry’s post didn’t come out of nowhere.

In any event, Larry was being a good and useful member as a critic, as was stygg for “moderating” my little gallery here. I appreciate the thought and am very pleased we have a dialog going on here.

Because tg is so underpopulated, I saw a tumbleweed rolling down Main Street.

Name:  Smily-FINAL.gif
Views: 563
Size:  2.5 KB

My Monotony study eventually lead to an attempt to create an entire scene, in a photorealistic style, and my viewpoint deliberately low to suggest a larger scale then you usually see if you’re over 3’ 7”.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M-bored.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	121781

Here’s something was primarily to experiment with a Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition I had on loan. I’ve almost never used a tablet and stylus my entire time with a computer. I don’t know how I’d have drawn all the shading on the toast with the Pen tool. With the Wacom, it’s “daub, daub, daub” and before I knew it, I had a piece that really liked. The waft of steam is out of Flame Painter, something like $50 US and although All it does is stylize smoke, it’s save my Keative Kiester enough times that it’s a “keeper”.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toast final.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	121780

Thank you for your honesty/insight, handrawn. I did do it as a personal, fairly trivial piece, but as I mentioned, I just pulled it out of a folder to draw (pun there) out some new and existing members to get the circulation going a little on tg.

BTW, Larry, thanks for sending the music video. Loved it, very sensitive!

Like me.

Name:  Smily-FINAL.gif
Views: 563
Size:  2.5 KB

Gare