Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How Do I Install Photoshop Plug-in in Photo & Graphic 7?

Hi
    I'm suprised you haven't cracked this yet, I hadn't noticed it was still ongoing. I've nothing else useful to add I'm afraid, if you have followed all the advice you've been given by the various people who have responded I can't se why you still have problems. The only thing I would try if I was in the same situation would be to uninstall and then re-install Xara, which is a pain in the neck and smacks of desperation but I couldn't think of anything else to suggest..
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Hi
    I'm suprised you haven't cracked this yet, I hadn't noticed it was still ongoing. I've nothing else useful to add I'm afraid, if you have followed all the advice you've been given by the various people who have responded I can't se why you still have problems. The only thing I would try if I was in the same situation would be to uninstall and then re-install Xara, which is a pain in the neck and smacks of desperation but I couldn't think of anything else to suggest..
    Derek
    Judging from my earlier post with the photos, does it look like I did it right? Even though it is not showing in the last picture?

As far as I can judge, yes it seems to be right. My Plugins Folder has more junk in it and the path is different but it amounts to the same thing and all relevant plugins show up in Designer as they are meant to.
    Sorry can't be more constuctive.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	88170  

Keith, can you close Xara, restart your PC then start Xara as adminstrator (right-click the desktop icon and choose 'run as administrator')
    Now try adding your plugin folder as described.

Keith Xara is a 32-bit application and you are trying to use a 64-bit plug-in. Please extract the x86 version of the plug-in to your downloaded plug-ins folder.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes, that will definitely be it Bill. I can see now after viewing the full size screenshot he has the 64bit version in the folder.
    Easy mistake to make Keith

@handrawn.
    Trying to use Luce on a bitmap in P&GD7 fails miserably here. Usually nothing appears in the Luce UI and generates a fine error when it does
    As I say, works fine via PS and returned to Xara.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luce.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	88175  

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes, that will definitely be it Bill. I can see now after viewing the full size screenshot he has the 64bit version in the folder.
    Easy mistake to make Keith

@handrawn.
    Trying to use Luce on a bitmap in P&GD7 fails miserably here. Usually nothing appears in the Luce UI and generates a fine error when it does
    Thanks for the help. I am getting the same exact message as you show in this post's picture. But at least the plugin shows in the menu, so know I know how to do it.

Do you guys know of any decent plugins that do work in P&GD7? I do not have a new PhotoShop.

Also, thanks for all the help. You guys have been a blessing. Like I said, I am a newbie at this, and computers for that matter, so your patience is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    KeithH

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    @handrawn.
    well now that is interesting steve..

over in another thread we had an instance of your system and my system not behaving the same - maybe it is down to the windows version and or setup? - I am using windows 7 home premium as administrator UAC enabled, I would imagine that you are using ultimate or professional..

cf: what Bill suggested... : http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...641#post437641
    Last edited by handrawn; 01 April 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: fix quote
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Keith Xara is a 32-bit application and you are trying to use a 64-bit plug-in. Please extract the x86 version of the plug-in to your downloaded plug-ins folder.
    That was it ---Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My menu now looks like sledger's in post 19.