Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help with multiple resize and multiple rotate in Xara Designer Pro

In your case, given the points are already generated, it wouldn't. In my case, for example, I produced a map and identified a lot of places with a number inside a circle. I should have created a live object at that point. I decided the circles were too big, but the only way I could do that was individually. I guess I could have shrunk one circle and then drag-clicked to each of the others but then I would still have needed to delete the originals.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    In your case, given the points are already generated, it wouldn't. In my case, for example, I produced a map and identified a lot of places with a number inside a circle. I should have created a live object at that point. I decided the circles were too big, but the only way I could do that was individually. I guess I could have shrunk one circle and then drag-clicked to each of the others but then I would still have needed to delete the originals.
    Yes - I see what you mean. It would sort of work - but only with newly-generated points - not pre-existing ones. It's a shame (for me) it's not possible, because it would be a major asset for my stuff. Would the ability to transform (rotate, resize) multiple objects but retain their positions be of any interest to others? (or is it just me....?)

The rotation of multiple squares into diamonds can be done using the rectangle tool. Select all the squares and then go into the rectangle tool and select Rotation from the dropdown menu. Enter a new value for the rotation (e.g. 45 for diamonds) and hit enter.

A similar thing can be done with ellipses and other quickshapes but this sets all the selected objects to the same rotation angle so wont have the desired effect if the objects have already been rotated by different amounts.

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by GerryI View Post
    The rotation of multiple squares into diamonds can be done using the rectangle tool. Select all the squares and then go into the rectangle tool and select Rotation from the dropdown menu. Enter a new value for the rotation (e.g. 45 for diamonds) and hit enter.

A similar thing can be done with ellipses and other quickshapes but this sets all the selected objects to the same rotation angle so wont have the desired effect if the objects have already been rotated by different amounts.

Gerry
    That's powerful - and I guess convert squares to circles or stars and back again. All providing they haven't been converted to editable shapes... Thinking about imported shapes, it may be that they are already editable 4 point shapes shapes rather than squares in the Xara definition.

Checking this out I found I can resize my ellipses (width and height) provided I select the ellipse tool. Brilliant. Presumably squares also.
    Last edited by tonylondon; 25 May 2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: checking my xara files
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by kestar1 View Post
    Would the ability to transform (rotate, resize) multiple objects but retain their positions be of any interest to others? (or is it just me....?)
    Certainly for me. Maybe you should add a request to "Dear Xara" forum
    Tony