Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Navigation Bar - Two levels of text

Quote Originally Posted by Thev View Post
    I am looking to either download or create a navigation bar that has two levels of text. I want to communicate more information on the Navigation buttons but being restricted to one line of text is restricting this. There is noting in the gallery so I assume i'd need to build one, but my attempts have proven ineffective thus far. I can make a series of separate buttons with two lines of text but not a full navigation bar.

My last attempt on a live website ended up slightly breaking my Nav bar. Now when a mouse is hovered, two nav buttons highlight (on all pages except the 'Index' page). I can't seem to fix this, even with replacing the nav bar (https://www.oetc.ca)

Any ideas or instruction on how I might be able to create a two text line nav bar OR fix my current nav bar.
    Thanks,
    Thev.. another school of thought. This is a busy sight, and a lot is going on. I’ve seen some larger city sites and keeping it simple might be your best option. My opinion only. If you’d like more info on your buttons how about a large sticky dark coloured rectangle on top. Type your categories/buttons in white. Move those onto your rectangle and just create links. You could also make the text color change as rollovers. Here’s a busy sight. https://www.saskatoon.ca/

Another option might be creating a new page for sub categories .. melfortmuseum.org. Click on “events” this takes you to a new page. Would you find that helpful? You’ve don’t this on some of your pages, and on some pages you’ve just added a simple link from text.

Sorry if I’m way of base, but on larger sites you’ll notice on footers, or headers, they’ve listed the navigation in a simple way; and it may work for sites such as yours. I find that roll overs, with many buttons may get confusing. Simply a few ideas.
    Last edited by bwood; 17 April 2024 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.