Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Patch for PSPPX3 released and PSPX4 released

You can't change the dark workspace in X4 at the moment, but that option should be re-instated when the service pack is released.
    There won't be any mention of this in the Corel User to User Web Board (who thinks up these names..).
    There is a separate (closed) board for beta testing where it has been mentioned.
    There is no date for the release of the service pack.
    I'd rather wait a little longer and get the major issues (workspace colour, which is darker than X3, grey+black icons, which are awful), corrected.
    A positive note: X4 is a lot faster than my ususal X2, can't comment on X3, I uninstalled it after trying it for 2 weeks.

Grenou
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Grenou View Post
    There is no date for the release of the service pack.
    I'd rather wait a little longer and get the major issues (workspace colour, which is darker than X3, grey+black icons, which are awful), corrected.
    A positive note: X4 is a lot faster than my ususal X2, can't comment on X3, I uninstalled it after trying it for 2 weeks.

Grenou
    I'm sure all of the longtime users of Paint Shop Pro who purchased X4 are anxiously awaiting the first patch. Returning to the option of choosing a light or dark workspace will be welcome by some.

I continue to do tests, comparing the two versions. With both X3 and X4 open side by side, it is obvious the dark workspace color in each version is the same.

I have concluded that X3 with patch 5 is just as fast as X4.

One other thing the Corel engineers left out of X4 is the fit-to-screen icon. I have looked everywhere and there appears to be no tool to get the time to fit the window with one click.

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by OldRadioGuy View Post

I continue to do tests, comparing the two versions. With both X3 and X4 open side by side, it is obvious the dark workspace color in each version is the same.

I have concluded that X3 with patch 5 is just as fast as X4.

One other thing the Corel engineers left out of X4 is the fit-to-screen icon. I have looked everywhere and there appears to be no tool to get the time to fit the window with one click.
    The workspace colour in X4 is darker than in X3.

Window>Fit to Screen.
    Or when in Pan Mode, click on the 3rd icon on the toolbar: Fit Image and Window to Screen (next to Actual Size).

Grenou
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Grenou View Post

Window>Fit to Screen.
    Or when in Pan Mode, click on the 3rd icon on the toolbar: Fit Image and Window to Screen (next to Actual Size).

Grenou
    Thanks for that information.

As far as the workspace color question. Here's a link to a side by side comparison:

[URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/107160080854947463827/posts?hl=en"[/URL]

You be the judge.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.
    IP