Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Wish List for V12

I'd like it if xara auto sorted installed fonts so you can easily browse through just serif, sans-serif and script fonts, and a checkbox to make a link with no underline.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    I'd like it if xara auto sorted installed fonts so you can easily browse through just serif, sans-serif and script fonts...
    This would be difficult to accomplish and would be error prone. Most all methods to do this now rely on accurate panose information in the font. Which is often not present or inaccurate.

Which is why I use a font manager to organize my fonts and only keep fonts activated that I need.
    IP

Error prone is ok so long as it gets say >90% right. I was thinking maybe some kind of image analysis could be done as well so it could take a few different characters from the font and check if there are tails on the ends or not, if it's mostly straight, if it's mostly bendy/scripty and this coupled with info stored in the font it could do a decent job at auto sorting them. There's lots of fancy graphics stuff going on in xara already so I would think it would be in the realm of possibility. It would only would have to this sort on first program install or when a new font is installed. It could also allow the user to manually sort them if need be.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    This would be difficult to accomplish and would be error prone. Most all methods to do this now rely on accurate panose information in the font. Which is often not present or inaccurate.

Which is why I use a font manager to organize my fonts and only keep fonts activated that I need.
    For some, needs change often.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP