[QUOTE=jedfrechette;186823]Your right, I am prejudiced against Flash web sites but that's because I've had to endure so many bad ones.[quote]

I understand completely, but I've seen many naff ones in HTML myself.

I don't object to all use of Flash only its use to create an entire site.
I think it depends on the audience. Some niche audiences are candidates for Flash sites. Most people these days have the flash plugin and it's easy to download. Search engine optimization is a hassle though.

I've never designed a Flash site so I don't know what is possible my comments are based solely on my experiences as a user. Actually, before I posted my original response I really tried to think of an example of a "good" Flash site. If you could point me towards one it would be much appreciated.
Check out this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...629#post186629

The best example of a "good" site that I could think of is kuler. It's a kind of cool site by Adobe for creating and sharing color themes. Its even fairly snappy. However, it does not behave how the rest of the web behaves. That is what I ment by fundamental interaction priciples, i.e. the interface behaves how the user expects it to behave.
I almost posted about kuler in the other forums - not as a flash example, but as a cool thing in it's own right.

What people are comfortable with on the web changes all of the time, as does what they expect. Everyone is different, but we all have some fundementals.

For example, suppose I spend some time navigating through the site and checking out different color themes. When I hit the back button in my browser I expect to be taken back to the previous color theme that I was viewing. Unfortunately, I am taken to whichever site I was at before kuler. Compare this to COLOURlovers, although certainly not perfect at least navigation works as I would expect it to.
For me the "back" button is not essential. In many respects I consider it to be a real nuisance. It allows me to run back and fore through web pages where what I looked at before is no longer valid. For many years I've developed desktop software with no concept of a back/forward navigation. It is possible to support the back button with flash, but it's a pain.

Paul