Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
The price you quoted is the full price. Don't you qualify for the $120 upgrade for current Xtreme owners?
Indeed, but if you calculate the whole price then you'll get even more price.
Don't forget that you've already paid the previous price of Xara X and Xara Xtreme.

Xara Xtreme pro, with plug-ins (to compare it to Adobe Illustrator) will cost about 400$. The calcualtion is:

150$ worth plug ins (which I did not buy but I did insert that in the calculation because AI has filters), and the original Xara Xtreme Pro.

Paul: Yes I know nobody twists my arm to buy the product, but it's a general feeling. You and me we both know that I want it, like a toy I must have. I won't feel happy enough if I dont have the latest version of my favorite app. You probably know the feeling. I was complaining because the whole Xara (Xtreme or X) costs less than 80$, and the difference between Xara Pro and the inital products costs 120$. So if you use simple math: 1 product for 80$, or an upgrade for 120$. Doesn't sound fair enough for me, sorry.
I don't feel the upgrades are 120$ worth of paying. It's not a totally different

I will probably buy it eventually, but I will still feel it's too much. That's the nasty feeling I get when a product I like is becoming more expensive only because they know that people will buy it anyway.

Just my personal thought.