My thinking on this matter is Xara has shot itself in the foot in a very serious way with the introduction of the 365 update path.

Prior to this, the program/programs (and there are far to many) were updated annually (I can also remember a time that there wasn't an update for over two years). Users could download a month long trial, test the new features and decide whether to upgrade or not. Simples.

With the advent of the 365 'subscription' method this train goes off the track. Previously it had been 'Like the new features' / 'Buy the new features'. Your choice.

Now it's become 'Pay & Promise of new features' / 'Use for a year and without a new subscription loose new features'.

The forums are full of complaints of this new 'subscription' method. It's even swamping genuine discussion on the way forward. I'd go as far as to say it's poisoning our TalkGraphics forum.

I don't know how much influence Charles & Kate have on the Xara road map but this current situation, unless resolved, will kill Xara. The TG forums have become exclusively dominated by members stating they are abandoning Xara due to this disastrous upgrade path.

Is there anyone in Xara / Magix listening? Are you there Charles/Kate? Care to comment on this hated 'subscription' method?