Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 9 fails on support for Wacom TabletPC

Please follow these steps carefully and only make the advised changes. Making other changes to your registry could cause stability issues with your operating system.

Close all Xara programs.

Go to Start -> Run (if you're using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 press the Windows key + R) and type regedit then click OK.

Navigate to this registry key (for Designer Pro X9 32 bit): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\9.2\Opti ons\Dragging

(if you're using the 64 bit version of Designer Pro X9 then the registry key location is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\9.2\Options\Dragging)

In the right pane, right click on the key 'EnableTouch' and select Modify.

Change the value to 0 and click OK.

Exit the regsitry and re-open Designer Pro.

Does that now work correctly for you?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Please follow these steps carefully and only make the advised changes. Making other changes to your registry could cause stability issues with your operating system.

Close all Xara programs.

Go to Start -> Run (if you're using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 press the Windows key + R) and type regedit then click OK.

Navigate to this registry key (for Designer Pro X9 32 bit): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\9.2\Opti ons\Dragging

(if you're using the 64 bit version of Designer Pro X9 then the registry key location is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\9.2\Options\Dragging)

In the right pane, right click on the key 'EnableTouch' and select Modify.

Change the value to 0 and click OK.

Exit the regsitry and re-open Designer Pro.

Does that now work correctly for you?
    This doesn't work for me on Windows 8.1 with Thinkpad Helix. Everytime I restart Xara, it resets the value in the registry to 1. THis is really annoying. The app has been updated many times since this was learned of, why hasn't this been fixed in an update? I paid a fair chunk for this, it just doesn't add up that something so essential is still not working.

Must be related with W8 for I haven't noticed a reset under W7. I wonder if it would help if you block Xara from altering the values under that specific regkey by restricting acces. (in regedit right click the key and change permissions or ownership) Might be a workaround...