Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How Do I Install Photoshop Plug-in in Photo & Graphic 7?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithH View Post
    On the Photo and Graphic Designer 7, there is not a button called "create".
    Actually it's called 'Add Folder', Keith. Perhaps I can help with showing you via a short video of installing plugins in Photo & Graphic Designer 7?

Create and the info creation is for the Fill Gallery to create a PNG set of images for the fills your adding. The location of the plugins is not relevant. You just need to set the path to their location.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Actually it's called 'Add Folder', Keith. Perhaps I can help with showing you via a short video of installing plugins in Photo & Graphic Designer 7?

Thanks for taking the time to do the video. I have did exactly what you showed on the video (that is what I had been doing), but it still nothing new shows on the plugin menu. I when I click "new" and then look for the plug-in. I don't know what else to do now. But thanks for taking the time to help.

--Keith

Then I suggest that the plugin files you are adding are not *.8bf types. Nothing will be added to your plugin menu unless they are.

Then I suggest that the plugin files you are adding are not *.8bf types. Nothing will be added to your plugin menu unless they are.
    It is a .8bf type. I just downloaded the "Luce" plug-in from this site: http://tutorialdb.org/a-z-of-free-ph...s-and-filters/
    And it does not show. As far as I know, I have followed all your directions right; I am not sure why it is not working.

Luce installs fine following the directions I gave above.
    Though it doesn't work in Xara because this filter requires an active selection marquee which Xara doesn't do (because it's a vector application not a raster)

The entry in the plugin list in Xara is Amico Perry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luce-.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	88108  

Luce installs fine following the directions I gave above.
    Though it doesn't work in Xara because this filter requires an active selection marquee which Xara doesn't do (because it's a vector application not a raster)

The entry in the plugin list in Xara is Amico Perry
    I followed the steps. For some reason, it doesn't work for me. I have tried to call the support phone number listed in my manual. It rang to Magix. They said they couldn't help me and to contact Xara. Xara doesn't have a phone number on their web site. I sent a comment for help on their web site and have heard nothing. I am extremely dissappointed in Xara at this point. I cannot get in contact with them for help. I wish I had never purchased this now. The store I bought it from doesn't take returns on opened software, and Xara won't respond to me. I feel like I just wasted my money.

Hi Keith

some clarification please

can you not get any external plugin to work which ones exactly have you tried?

thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...