Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Pete, yes I did use XWD11P but nothing in the design should prevent it working in earlier and bigger Xara products. It is possible the approach fails in IE8 simply because it is IE. I checked in all my (modern) browsers and things were clean.CanIUse identifies an issue for IE8 and http://caniuse.com/#search=background-attachment, which affects 0.77% of all users.The approach to using a Name for the Header on a hidden Layer is robust and would work in your method.Acorn
Acorn, You seem to be missing one fundamental point with Xara; each time it releases a new version the underlying code structure changes to accommodate any new enhancements in webpage development. This means that CSS code injected into one version of webpage may not work when you open the Xara source file in another version. When I imported the FixedTab! version into XWDPX it showed code errors in the source html/css which I corrected. There was probably nothing wrong with your CSS coding, its just that the webpage code in each version of XWDPx is different.

The other point is that the member who requested the expanding banner only had XWDPX, that's why I used that in my development.