Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Designing a logo

Ankhor it says "cat"
    IP

No, it actually says CATAD.

Great logo as long as your customers are avid word puzzlers or, better, psychic
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

I thought I'd see what the world's greatest designers had come up with with regard to this ACT logo. Be prepared to be wholly underwhelmed:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=act+logo
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I thought I'd see what the world's greatest designers had come up with with regard to this ACT logo. Be prepared to be wholly underwhelmed:
    http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=act+logo
    That settles it.

If folks are willing to pay for those then I'm definitely going into the logo design business.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

LOL Intbel, it's always best to be better than someone at anything you do. especialy if you are a freelancer.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I'm hurt.

Deeply hurt.
    Maybe I should post a thread about business cards now... like the image BF.

Andy
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    That settles it.

If folks are willing to pay for those then I'm definitely going into the logo design business.
    Nah, they all have friends who will do it for nothing. ;-)

(Ducks head)

A number of years ago I decided to do a mini-campaign to get a small manufacturer to realise they could use a website to promote themselves, and naturally I would do it for them.

First of all I sent the MD some T-shirts with a web page mockup on them and absolutely no other information.

Then I sent some discs with some animations of their Logo.

Then, I sent a document showing what they could do with a website, what their competitors were doing and how badly they were represented on the internet, particularly by their distributors.

Finally I rang the MD up. He congratulated me on the campaign and had been impressed by the mockups on the T-Shirts and also the document. He wasn't so keen on the animations.

He thanked me for doing it and one of the company employees had offered to do a website for the company free of charge in their own time. So it was effectively "thanks for the ideas but no thanks, we'll do it ourself for free".

They ended up with a pretty poor website, then some years later did it properly. It was a real pity - I had so many interesting ideas for them beyond the website. Guess I need to sell myself better.

This has happened to me three times so far. Arghh!

Paul
    IP

HI Paul,
    I have had one or two similar experiences. IN one I designed a site for a client then did a couple of updates, and they said they'd continue with my site management... then got a call to say one of their employees has taken over site management..... now there are differences in page layouts and some imagery, even the "logo" from page to page... needless to say it came off my portfolio....

I do like the idea of the t-shirts and mockups..... perhaps something you could elaborate upon or pm me as to how you went about it.....

Andy
    IP

Ankhor...
    I am a total font junkie...but I haven't seen the one you used in your CAT logo. Beautiful, by the way.
    IP

BF you gave us some great resources for design and logos earlier in the thread. What would you say is the best book/resource for learning logo design (if you haven't given it to us already)?

I know resources aren't equivalent to talent or experience, but every little helps.

Paul
    IP