Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Designing a logo

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Come on, it wasn`t a contest, it was firing idears for a logo.
    And if the customer is satisfied, who are we to argue?
    I'm not arguing - even if it were a contest, I didn't submit any entries, so there was no chance for me to win.

AndyD: which designs did you offer to your friend?

AndyDs friend can choose whichever design they wish,as can AndyD choose which designs to put forward. I just think it's spectacularly the wrong choice!

Anyway, that's life as they say.

Paul
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I'm not arguing - even if it were a contest, I didn't submit any entries, so there was no chance for me to win.

AndyD: which designs did you offer to your friend?

AndyDs friend can choose whichever design they wish,as can AndyD choose which designs to put forward. I just think it's spectacularly the wrong choice!

Anyway, that's life as they say.

Paul

I forgot that option, still, even if he proposed just that option
    the other party still could have refused it, they didn`t, as far as I know.
    And I did participate I couldn`t win because there was nothing to win.
    (except some good URL`s from BF with some very good advices on the subject)
    IP

I think that most of us are winners on the thread. I've certainly taken notice of the advice given here and will bear it in mind for the future. It has been entertaining and informative.

Happy customers: I was once asked to complete an "almost complete" business website for an aquaintance. The site had been built by a family member (for free) who no longer had time to complete it. I said I would, but when I saw it I was pretty shocked that anyone would be happy to represent the business with what had been built.

I offered to complete the original website for free, provided nobody was ever told I had anything to do with it; alternatively I offered a different design (shown as a mockup) that I could do and they would be charged for it. They chose the alternative despite it costing them money.

So that's an instance of a 'happy' customer deciding he really wasn't happy one he'd been given an alternative.

I wasn't entirely happy with the completed website since it had (at my clients insistence) to incorporate a lot of (tedious, boring) content from the old site, but that was their choice.

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 19 October 2006 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling and lost sentences!
    IP