Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: New 3.2.2 update

Soquili, I never had the problem either. After installing the update over the previous unlocked version the unlock screen never showed.

I uninstalled xtreme 3.2.2 and reinstalled 3.2.1 again - the unlock screen disappears and 3.2.1 is straight away unlocked - but I can't unlock 3.2.2.

For the time beeing i'm continuing to work with 3.2.1.

Anyone else having the unlock problem with 3.2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    Soquili, I never had the problem either. After installing the update over the previous unlocked version the unlock screen never showed.

I uninstalled xtreme 3.2.2 and reinstalled 3.2.1 again - the unlock screen disappears and 3.2.1 is straight away unlocked - but I can't unlock 3.2.2.

For the time beeing i'm continuing to work with 3.2.1.

Anyone else having the unlock problem with 3.2.2?
    Anybody having Trouble with, Both, Registering & Updating online? I have XP Pro and both Registered & Upgrade (the Program/Graphic files) Online Before, now... (suddenly, of course) I can NOT (and before you ask: No I don't remember what got installed that started blocking/causing the problem -if I did I would axe it!

So far Xara & I have not be able to figure out - Hoping maybe someone in the group had the Problem and Figured Out a Fix... Thanks for any thoughts
    Tom - Hwy101

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    Anybody having Trouble with, Both, Registering & Updating online? I have XP Pro and both Registered & Upgrade (the Program/Graphic files) Online Before, now... (suddenly, of course) I can NOT (and before you ask: No I don't remember what got installed that started blocking/causing the problem -if I did I would axe it!

So far Xara & I have not be able to figure out - Hoping maybe someone in the group had the Problem and Figured Out a Fix... Thanks for any thoughts
    I never had a problem to update before. This register problem is new to me since version 3.2.2.

In your case, check if you got the windows firewall switched off. If you're sure all your firewalls are turned off, I'd say there is a Service running in the background responsible for blocking Xara to update, maybe a firewall software that didn't uninstall properly(?). Have a look into the Windows Services running on your system, try this:

1) Click on the Control Panel.
    2) Click on Administrative Tools.
    3) Click on Services.
    You get a list with all Services on your system.
    5) Check if one of the services is one of your previous firewalls or blocking
    Software. If you find a Service you might think can block the software,
    right click on it, go to properties, then stop and disable this service.
    6) Warning: make sure you don't disable all services, some are important for
    windows to run at all!
    More information on Services can be found here:
    http://pc1stop.com/PCTipsServices.html
    Last edited by Nostaw; 04 July 2007 at 06:44 AM.

Default Equation editor and Xara

Good news,

The upgrade version (3.2.2.2228, not Pro) seems to handle correctly the equations pasted from MS equation editor and export to PDF the corresponding figures.
    This is just very nice news and makes the upgrade worthy for me. Thanks Xara for having solved this painful issue for the editors of technical documents like me.

For the users of LaTeX, Xara seems quite able also to import LateX graphics created by the intelligent small IPE program (at least the PDF version of these graphics saved by IPE, I have not yet tested the EPS version).

This makes things simpler for us, LateX users.

Murat

Default Re: Equation editor and Xara

Quote Originally Posted by yildi View Post
    Good news,

The upgrade version (3.2.2.2228, not Pro) seems to handle correctly the equations pasted from MS equation editor and export to PDF the corresponding figures.
    This is just very nice news and makes the upgrade worthy for me. Thanks Xara for having solved this painful issue for the editors of technical documents like me.

For the users of LaTeX, Xara seems quite able also to import LateX graphics created by the intelligent small IPE program (at least the PDF version of these graphics saved by IPE, I have not yet tested the EPS version).

This makes things simpler for us, LateX users.

Murat
    Yes, I just tested it. It's considerably better now! There are still a few minor position errors between characters for big equations though, but I'm sure they'll be ironed out.

Default Issues with Color Editor and Color Palette ????

If I import a PDF into a blank file and save it, then the Color Editor's drop down list only shows: Normal and Spot color. Tint of Another Color, Shade of Another Color, and Link to Another Color are missing. Anyone else have this happen? (See the attached, open it, draw an object, give it a fill and then check of the color editor)

I noticed if I apply a Line or Fill color from the new color palette (the diamond shaped colors at the bottom of Xara's drawing window) to an object, then when that object is selected, there are no tick marks displayed over the color's used for the object in the color palette. Is this supposed to happen?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 05 July 2007 at 04:56 PM.

the color bar has been 'overhauled' - check out the release notes

In a nutshell, you now have to create named colors specifically for them to appear on the color bar. Once this is done the color editor will show the choices for this color [ you may have to close it and reopen it for it to catch up...]

EDIT:
    see also
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ight=color+bar
    amongst others
    Last edited by handrawn; 05 July 2007 at 05:09 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Issues with Color Editor and Color Palette ????

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    If I import a PDF into a blank file and save it, then the Color Editor's drop down list only shows: Normal and Spot color. Tint of Another Color, Shade of Another Color, and Link to Another Color are missing. Anyone else have this happen? (See the attached, open it, draw an object, give it a fill and then check of the color editor)
    Yes this behaiviour is the same as in version 3.2.1. Looks like a bug to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    I noticed if I apply a Line or Fill color from the new color palette (the diamond shaped colors at the bottom of Xara's drawing window) to an object, then when that object is selected, there are no tick marks displayed over the color's used for the object in the color palette. Is this supposed to happen?
    I think this is suppose to happen: all diamond colors are unused document colors (the way I understand it). If you want one of the diamond colors to be part of your document, select the diamond color, open the color editor and then select "new named color" and it appears in the front of the palette as a square color.
    In a way this is good behaiviour, when you export to .AI or .PDF only all square colors exported only, all diamond colors are ignored, it keeps the document quite clean.
    Idea: Holding CTRL pressed on the keyboard while selecting a diamond color will make it a square color.
    Last edited by Nostaw; 05 July 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    I never had a problem to update before. This register problem is new to me since version 3.2.2.

In your case, check if you got the windows firewall switched off. If you're sure all your firewalls are turned off, I'd say there is a Service running in the background responsible for blocking Xara to update, maybe a firewall software that didn't uninstall properly(?). Have a look into the Windows Services running on your system, try this:

1) Click on the Control Panel.
    2) Click on Administrative Tools.
    3) Click on Services.
    You get a list with all Services on your system.
    5) Check if one of the services is one of your previous firewalls or blocking
    Software. If you find a Service you might think can block the software,
    right click on it, go to properties, then stop and disable this service.
    6) Warning: make sure you don't disable all services, some are important for
    windows to run at all!
    More information on Services can be found here:
    http://pc1stop.com/PCTipsServices.html
    Thanks NoStaw - I looked but did not see anything even close...

Xara is Helping (now) - I ran a DOS Window CMD that said One Address was Bad (the Name/Link they said Type)

BUT, like another Numberic Address/URL ?Alternate/Alias? was GOOD...

I sent to Xara - Waiting for what to do Next - Will Report, if Needed by Others ??? (hoping not - not fun not being able to: Register or get Updates!)

Thanks for Thinking on This & the URL to Services - Much Appreciated! Tom
    Last edited by Hwy101; 06 July 2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to Thank 8-(
    Tom - Hwy101

Hwy101, NOT beeing able to register and NOT to update - well that's useless really. I'd like to know what causes the problem, so keep posting updates of your status...