Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Printing a PDF that needs 2400% zoom

Thanks for all the replies. I never intended this document to be printed. It was always intended for computer-viewing. I use PDF-XChange Viewer, which can zoom to 6400%, so this is easily within that capability. But, so many relatives asked about printing, and finally one said a friend has a plotter, and offered to make "prints", if possible. So I asked here for an answer about the size of a print that could render .39px text large enough to be "comfortably" read - like newspaper text-size. I made this "as" a PDF, so there is a tremendous amount of information on a single document. A PDF with everyone in the family on a single PDF. Yes, there is also a genealogy/Ancestry document, but this single document actually has three trees on it - blood lines from both sides - like 14 generations in total. I knew it was almost certainly "no possible" to make a print - and told my relatives so. But, I wanted to know just hoe large the print would be. If a plotter could do it, I'd let him try it. It would be a "wall piece", for sure. But, it seems my thoughts were right: "probably 22 feet wide". Thanks, all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
    print that could render .39px text
    That should have been: .39pt text/font size, not ".39px" - sorry.

Not at my computer to try it out but would a poster size documents instead of a standard size to start with make a difference?

to an extent legibility depends on the font - our system logs come out in fixedsys font at 6pt [gets a lot on the page], I sure would not want to try to read anything smaller in that font or at all probably.. which would make your width a tad over 14.1 feet