Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: How to live without a mesh fill tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I am making up a step buy step tutorial with time how to, and how long, when it is done you can take a look at it and make up your own mind on Werther the mesh tool is worth the effort of mastering. To each his own.. like i said.

Should have something to post towmarrow.. I think
    And tomorrow never came...

Ohhh... How horribly wrong and ignorant I was (ignorance is bliss... )... More than 5 years later, and actually having done many more things on "request" (and having learned more than a few things in many applications). If you are out there Lone Wolf - sorry for the confusion. I was horribly wrong...

Xara still needs that Mesh Tool!

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 08 June 2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Punctuation and some spelling

I have posted this file before when the mesh tool subject came up about 2 years ago. At that time I was unsure if it had any advantage over using transparencies, feathering and shapes because of how quickly I could put together faces in Xara, Since then I have become a lot more comfortable with Illy as a drawing tool but when you are planning out a drawing to use the mesh tool you have got to have a better understanding of your subject. Now this picture has been done by me although it was from a chapter out of Illustrator CS Wow book taking me through using meshes from rolling hills to this drawing. At the time I found this extremely difficult and it took me along time to complete but using the mesh tool today I can plan out my drawing on paper first and then use the mesh tool.

What I am really trying to say is that the mesh tool is not the easiest tool to use and I rarely use it and when I do it is for simple things or to manipulate bitmaps onto vectors to give it a more photo realistic look. The last time I used it was to draw and colour olives and I am nearly sure that I could have done it in Xara as quickly as I did it in Illy but that is a No, No at the place I used to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tibet_child.gif 
Views:	332 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	49743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wire_frame.GIF 
Views:	344 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	49744  

Design is thinking made visual.

Really impressive, Albacore.

Paul