Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Wizaerd Guest

I just received my XaraX CD, installed it and procedded to experimentation and all around playing. I've viewed the moves included on the second set, and it got me to thinking. Anyone know which application was used to capture the screens for these movies?

Wizaerd Guest

I just received my XaraX CD, installed it and procedded to experimentation and all around playing. I've viewed the moves included on the second set, and it got me to thinking. Anyone know which application was used to capture the screens for these movies?

I don't know what Xara used to make their movies, but I can greatly recommend these two screen recording tools: SnagIt ($50) and Camtasia ($150), both from www.techsmith.com. Free demos available - give them a spin.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

You can use Windows Media 7 to perform screen capture movies. These files can then be either viewed from your computer, from disk or CD, or streamed using windows media technology. My company does this kind of stuff. Windows media is free. If you have any other questions you can contact me at john@getintostlouis.com

Wizaerd Guest

I have the Windows Media Player, do I need something else?