Nah. I didn't infer that at all. Just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that it was Dmitry who had created the shapes.

I started out as a 35mm photographer. Necessity turned me into a woodworker. I couldn't afford decent frames for my best shots so I taught myself how to make my own using a bench mounted router to make my own molding. That was many tools ago. Since then, have gotten into metalworking and leatherworking stopping along the way to try my hand at vinyl cutting.

These particular shapes really lend themselves to scroll saw and band saw work. If you've ever tried to work with plastic French curves for layout you'll really appreciate being able to enlarge these scrolls, print them out and then transfer the patterns to wood or other media using carbon paper or a perf wheel with powdered chalk. I'm fortunate enough to own a printer that will print up to 13x19 inches so I can create really large patterns in-house and not have to run to a copy shop to get drawings enlarged or have to use a pantograph.

I'm sure that they can also be converted to a file format that will allow them to be used with most CNC (computer numerically controlled) equipment such as routers, engraving machines, embroidery machines, plasma cutting torches and laser cutting equipment, provided that the manufacturer's software doesn't use a proprietary format. I know that I can use them with my vinyl plotter software by converting them to Adobe Illustrator files. But, for those who aren't into mechanized equipment, the patterns can also be printed out and used as templates for crafts such as needlework and rug hooking.

I'll be really interested to see what other uses people find for these shapes, especially non-print uses.

Richard