Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Just got xara3d and seem surprised by the file size of even a basic animation file. Am i missing something here, whats the best way to get a good animation and small file?

Hi Stuandwil,

Animations can make huge files with any software. Making the file size smaller can be a challenge. Some of the things you can try are:
    1. Reduce the number of frames in the animation.

2. Reduce the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the frames.

3. Reduce the colour depth of the frames.

4. Try combinations of the above suggestions.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Share the sentiments of "stuandwil". Have also just purchased X3D and was astounded at the size of the files it generates - the biggest of any animation program that I have used.

One of the principle selling points of Xara X1 is that the filesize is - as far as I can tell - the smallest of any graphics program and this includes animated GIFs.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the algorithm that Xara is using when saving animated GIFs in the 3D software. How about a 7-character word generating a 2meg file!! There are still a lot of users out there that connect via a 56k modem and most professional developers realise that.

Seems like the 3D guys & gals need to have a chat over coffee with their X1 counterparts http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif