Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Horatio... get a grip man... lighten up and have some grafx fun... like seriously dude... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

... even though I know no one asked for it. I agree that things got out of hand in this thread and some things written were unnecessary. However, I do find it somewhat ironic for Klaus to complain about how he's been treated in this forum.

.joroho.

http://www.joroho.com/initials.gif
    Wise men still seek Him.

Some people just don't learn to stay above the things. Why do you think Moderator will solve your problems for you? Sometimes it happens even to me that I join the forum debate but I usually walk out with smile after few flaming rounds the point is to lead things into the agreement. Point is to know when to stop arguing and throw the towel into the ring if the opponent didn't do it already. There are hundreds of books about how to persuade your opponents and make friends with ppl etc. etc. Carnegie and so on but they never say it's made by cumulating arguments to be louder than your opponent, basically they say listent to your opponent. You didn't. Learn to discuss & listen and if you have chance (And opponent haven't overrun you ;-), be the wiser one who leads the discussion to the positive conclusion. Do you think it doesn't work? It does just you didn't try. This cmyk debate is not over. It's unresolved. It could be positive for all of us if the participants were able to lead it into some valuable conclusion, but they failed. I'm not here to judge anyone, but that Flash movie illustrates the situation very accurately.

Roman

This forum is discuss and to display things XaraX. It is an open forum, with anyone from around the world, regardless of race, creed or culture welcome to join in. As a moderator I see it as my responsibility to, wherever possible, allow the free flow of ideas and debate. I, and my fellow moderators, have on several occasions over the years, intervened when deemed necessary.

Regarding the 'CMYK Export' thread, my opinion is that an important issue regarding Xara X export was being discussed. I have no expertise within the subject, so cannot comment on the merit of the hypotheses being put forward. A heated difference of opinion arose between two members, which eventually led to some infantile name calling between these two members, neither of whom was blame free. This was unfortunate, but in an open forum, occasionally unavoidable. However, this should not be allowed to distract from the main thrust of the thread, where interesting and important points were being debated.

In an endevour to lighten up these disagreements, I created a cartoon. Humour is often better at defusing these situations, than heavy handed moderation. However it would appear that this was not PC for some members, who would prefer to continue endlessly chasing their tails. I think everyone involved has now stated that they have had their final say on the matter. Good. Now let's get back to XaraX and away from politics. I will continue moderating as I have in the past, and not be enticed towards a dictatorial regime that some seem to expound.

Now this is MY final say on the matter.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Horatio: thank you.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

funniest stuff I'v read all year,
    This is what happens when you have too much
    or too little sex.

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Then I must need more then.... (in order to have more, one must be getting some first). Then again I am married. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

I think with all the fuss goin on, it must be too much for everyone else. So ya'll got to stop!

Yea Will ! I agree with the Willster.

Ww

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE