Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Even though times are hard, and a world wide economic slump might really PISS US OFF, do not trade in what you so desperately earned long-term for what will sustain you short-term. That Hofner I bought for $100 is $2,850 now. And my books are selling terribly because the book market is in a slump, so my royalty checks read like change from a dollar after buying gum, you know?

Are we all really under these desperate circumstances? We have food, we have shelter...Jesus, I reinterate...you will never get them sold things back again.

I sold my Rick blonde 360 when I was so broke, ConEdison in New York regularly turned off my power, and I had to run an extension cord to my neighbors to get a light and an electric typewriter going to meet a tomorrow deadline. I finally caved and got $300 for the guitar, which was a lot, but I kept my "kids" in prime shape.

The same guitar now costs $1,200, minus shipping.

Whatever it is you love, love will help you find a way around trying times. Talk to the Muse Polyhymnia if you have to (but don't do it if others are around).

"Never trust a plastic surgeon who's office is decorated with portraits by Picasso"

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l1116.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	14000  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

You guitar-collecting musical 3d artists might find this free download of interest: Spectrogram version 6 is a shareware dual channel audio spectrum analyzer for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP. The images it creates look beautiful.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

don't know much about the music aspect of this thread, but Gary, I love your robo grafx here...outstanding...infact, you are very good at graphic design period...crisp, clean and nice colors to your worx... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] boyo, do I ever have a long ways to go... hehe

Thanks Gidgit--

I was in advertising for more years than I care to admit, and "crisp" was definitely the goal of ads.

So now my modeling work is "crisp" and I REALLY wish I could tackle the quality of "organic" a little better.

Yours,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dspex.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	913  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Interesting thread here. A musician's thread. Goes to show that graphic designers come from all walks of life.

Brett, regardless of circumstances, don't sell your guitars. As a musician for 20 years myself, countless guitars past through my hands. The favorite babies are still with me. Yes financial problems come but goes after a while. But the guitar???

There are times when I miss a certain ax and wished I never sold them. Like those I sold after I got married......

Thank God I still have a few equipment I love to tinker with my daugther -
    Fender '69 (in a earthquake proof case - it's precious to me)
    Greco Les Paul (don't ask me where it's from. I dont know either.)
    Steinberger
    Boss effects ( I sold my Roland multifx years ago)
    One Fender Twin Reverb amp (circa 70's)

Gary, YOU NEVER CRANKED UP YOUR TWIN REVERB ABOVE 2???? YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU"RE MISSIN, MAN. Okay, okay, you'll end up missin fine China. May I suggest egg trays to line up the wall for sound proofing. It's cheap.

As for the Corel Draw forum - I take part in it now and then. It seems like a few uses corel draw nowadays.

vee

[This message was edited by dv8_fx on May 28, 2002 at 23:21.]

[This message was edited by dv8_fx on May 28, 2002 at 23:25.]