Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Cropping

Hi Everyone,

Nice site. I have a question for you. I take a lot of digital pictures. I like to crop them in Photoimpact because for some reason when I crop it also pulls to picture in closer.

I found that Photoshop does not. It just crops out the section. This is probably just a setting though. How ever for some reason when I crop in Photoimpact these days it's not pulling the picture closer like it used too. My wife has been using the program and may have changed something.

I hope you understand what I mean. Just incase!! until today when I cropped with Photo Impact it not only removed the on wanted parts on the picture I was cropping. It also zoomed in at the same time. Making the picture look much nicer and as if I used a nice lense or zoom for a close up. This really give the images a professional look.

This has to be a setting somewhere. Also if you know where this setting maybe in Photoshop. That would be great.

Thanks

Dan
    IP

Hi Everyone,

Nice site. I have a question for you. I take a lot of digital pictures. I like to crop them in Photoimpact because for some reason when I crop it also pulls to picture in closer.

I found that Photoshop does not. It just crops out the section. This is probably just a setting though. How ever for some reason when I crop in Photoimpact these days it's not pulling the picture closer like it used too. My wife has been using the program and may have changed something.

I hope you understand what I mean. Just incase!! until today when I cropped with Photo Impact it not only removed the on wanted parts on the picture I was cropping. It also zoomed in at the same time. Making the picture look much nicer and as if I used a nice lense or zoom for a close up. This really give the images a professional look.

This has to be a setting somewhere. Also if you know where this setting maybe in Photoshop. That would be great.

Thanks

Dan
    IP

Hi ... I think I know what might have happened. Select the zoom (magnifying glass) tool, and then on the attribute bar check the box "adjust window". If you are zoomed out a bit (like if the image is too large for the screen and you zoomed out to see it all) when you make a cropping selection, then click crop, the window may zoom into a new level depending on how large the image is.

If this isn't the problem then I don't know what happened

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg
    IP

That would be my suggestion too, David. It may look like it zooms in on the photo because you're viewing at reduced size in the work space, and cropping appears to magnify the photo.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 7 Class Information
    IP