Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hello Robert,

The .ai file exported by XaraX can be repaired - open it with Illustrator and save again - then you will have no problems importing it with Photoshop (did not check for other applications).
    It is always better to convert text to curves, because line spacing from XaraX is misunderstood by Illustrator.

This is small world, isn't it?
    Nikolai Popov

Thanks Popov, (I've been talking about you! Good things, of course. I may need your help on another project soon...)

I've redone the logo you created for me, with the help of everyone around here. But I couldn't get it into Photoshop as an .ai because of a parser error.

I got a response from Xara today and their response was about the same as yours, "convert text to curves." I am not at home so I will have to try that solution tonight.

It is a very small world, thanks to the Net. Have you seen the Xara map? Your name needs to be added if it isn't on there.

Hello

There has always been a problem with Xara and .ai files. XaraX.eps usually works.

Photoshop is very fussy about which vector formats it will import. They have to adhere very strictly to the file definition and it seems that XaraX does not.

I exported your file as Xarax eps, with text converted and can open the file in Photoshop 6.

XaraX has even more fun importing .ai files made by Illustrator or Photoshop 6.

Mike Engles