Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AS Xara cannot import those old files what could be the solution for converting them to be read in Xara?... :-(

Andre

AS Xara cannot import those old files what could be the solution for converting them to be read in Xara?... :-(

Andre

Hallo! Andre

Wen you export the CDR file to WMF, that work well.

Jozef http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Fine, but I'm not using anymore Corel Draw, this don't have the opportunity to perfor such a conversion. I was wondering if any conversion utiliry exist on the market...

Hello Andre

I wonder if you could buy an older version of CorelDRAW that would open the old CDR files and then export them in a format that Xara can read?

eBay often has old versions of software for sale for cheap.

Gary

How many Cdr's do you have to convert?

And, come to think of it, doesn't PowerPoint and WordPerfect open Corel files upto version 3 or 5?

I looked at Hijaak, and it would open files 3 to 7. I read the Corel 5 help file and it said it would open files starting at 1.x. I wasn't able to load the application on my Win98 machine, and wasn't able to check it out. Rich

I looked at Hijaak, and it would open files 3 to 7. I read the Corel 5 help file and it said it would open files starting at 1.x. I wasn't able to load the application on my Win98 machine, and wasn't able to check it out. Rich
    Might have to check on eBay to see if someone is selling an old computer with Win 3.1 :-)

The very early versions of CorelDRAW (I started using it with version 1.2) required a "run time" version of Windows. I remember wondering at the time what the point was? This was about 15 years ago.

Gary

I installed CD7 without a problem. I tried a G rev CD5 and got the same error. It was a memory or disk space error, but typical error that doesn't really mean anything. Rich

I was successful in installing CD5 on Win98. My old system is in terrible shape. I was running Norton utilities from CD, and it wanted to fix the runtime libraries.

I thought why not try CD5 install again, and it worked.

Rich