Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chech it out

My post is not comparing XaraX with Draw

I started with XaraX but i will also include in my evaluation Illustartor, Freehand, Canvas,PhotoImpact, and RealDraw

So as you see i am trying to find all the good feature in those application

This may help a lot of poeple who don't have the time to look over these features

I am using all of those application to get the job done

Ex. if i need to have a spiral, i will start it in Draw apply the Extrude effects (both are not Xarax) then copy past it in XaraX to finish the job.

I know that some application has a nice features are not found in others.

Unless i want to be a pro or intrusctor in XaraX then i will do everything in it, for ex. Gary or other ,so they can answer our question, others like me all they care about is speed,

I am a DataBase Administartor using Microsft SQL 7 under Win2000 server and VB 5,6 programmer, Multimedia presentation designer and Internet Designer for our intranet and Swift banking Administrator, GlobalCustdy Administrator for CitiBank and StatStreet banks and Married with 1 girl and 1 boy.

I am not trying to show off but just to make a point why speed is important to me.

When they ask me for a design i try to find from where to start and what applications i need to finish the job in the shortest time

My hoppy is graphics designing 2d, 3d , VedioEditing ( AfterEffect...Combusition 2....)
    That is why i am finding the time to share or look at new applications.

I hope this helps to get my point of view to you all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Aj,

I noticed you mentioned that you create multimedia presentations. I also create multimedia. I use Macromedia Director. What program are you using? Also, I'm starting to learn After Effects. If we want to discuss more maybe we can contact directly since this is getting off the Xara X topic.

And, personally I had no problem with your original post. The more we share the more we learn.

Doug-O

Yes Doug-O
    i use multimedia

I have the latest Macromedia Director 8.5 and i tried it

I think that anyone wants a pro multimedia presentation is stick with Director. it is the choice,But the only problem with me is that does not support Arabic fonts

I will post in Macromedia regarding this issue

Most of the time Doug-O the the departments in my company gives give the ready presentation in powerpoint and they ask me to change the
    backround and to add animation ...

They also request it in powerpoint because they know how to use it incase of adding or modifying it, while they are outside in a different country
    or when i am not arround

so i am forced to give it in powerpoint

Most of my animation effects is done in AfterEffect, 3d cool by ulead and 3d Max, Flash and CorelRave

I import them to powerpoint and start to creat action button to make look interactive

But you are wellcome, because i am interested in this subject