Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Problem:
    I creted a website using FrontPage 2002 and WebStyle 3.1. I have since reformated my HD, reinstalled my applications and applied the most recent updates.

I purchased and installed the upgrade from Webstyle 3.1 to WebStyle 4 and I have a
    few questions...

1. When I double click on a Nav Bar it opens WS4 to the Start Screen instead of the Nav Bar.

2. The "Photo" feature in WS4 inserts a path into my page instead of the thumbnail.

3. Other elements like banner ads have to be recreated in WS4. I tried the "Import WebStyle 3 Projects" feature, but since I have formatted my HD the Projects are not there.

Note: All FrontPage websites are stored on a different HD. The websites load into FrontPage fine and the nav bars and banner ads work fine. I just can't edit them.

Thank you for your quick response as I am under a deadline.

Frank @ AmiGraphics

Problem:
    I creted a website using FrontPage 2002 and WebStyle 3.1. I have since reformated my HD, reinstalled my applications and applied the most recent updates.

I purchased and installed the upgrade from Webstyle 3.1 to WebStyle 4 and I have a
    few questions...

1. When I double click on a Nav Bar it opens WS4 to the Start Screen instead of the Nav Bar.

2. The "Photo" feature in WS4 inserts a path into my page instead of the thumbnail.

3. Other elements like banner ads have to be recreated in WS4. I tried the "Import WebStyle 3 Projects" feature, but since I have formatted my HD the Projects are not there.

Note: All FrontPage websites are stored on a different HD. The websites load into FrontPage fine and the nav bars and banner ads work fine. I just can't edit them.

Frank @ AmiGraphics

www.perkys.com

Frank @ AmiGraphics

The following (in reverse order) is the response I got from Xara Customer Support. It did not fix the problem but I now know what to do with my WebStyle files before I reformat my HD. Hopefully, this information can help someone else from having to recreate all their WebStyle files.

--From Xara----------------------------------
    HI feel free to offer your suggestions.

Project files are basically template files storing the amendments you have made. These can only be saved in the WSTemplates folder where all other template files reside. You should try and backup any folder which contains the name (project) from within the WSTemplates folder. This way you will not loose your projects. Alternatively after creating a site take a copy of the project folder in which the templates used for the site were saved and save these to another location (zip disk etc) In the event of a reformat you can then copy the project files back off the zip disk to the WSTemplates folder of webstyle

Thanks
    CS

--From AmiGraphics---------------------------

Was the navbar created in webstyle 4? If not then start webstyle directly and click on the top left corner and select import webstyle 3 projects. This will cause all webstyle 3 projects to be imported into webstyle 4. Following this you will need to re-insert the elements within your web pages. So open FrontPage normal mode and load your web page. Left click on an existing element created in webstyle 3. Then click on insert and select webstyle 4 and the element type you wish to insert. This will cause ws4 to open displaying the element selection page. Click on the save radio button to view saved projects. Select the element you wish to insert and go through the save process to insert the element in your web page causing the ws3 element to be replaced

Have you installed from a download or the CD? Please download Webstyle again from your XaraOnline account. This was a known bug and a new build was released over the last few weeks to resolve the problem. You should be able to download and install the build over your existing installation

3. Other elements like banner ads have to be recreated in WS4. Is that correct or should WS4 fully support WS3.1?
    URL: http://www.perkys.com

same as answer 1

Thanks
    CS

Frank @ AmiGraphics

My dear friend you will never be able to edit your nav bars. When you formatted your HD your source files went down the drain, http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
    I know about this bcuz I made the same mistake.
    What people from Support told you, it's true, but only if you back up your projects BEFORE performing the formatting.
    As for the FrontPage sites, they work fine and everything, but you cannot edit the bars, buttons, banners, due to "source" files loss as I mentioned before.

Relly sorry this happend to you.... But hey, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.