Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ooohh, a good question Mike... you can always hide the object via selecting said object and then going up to Display>hide selection... but I do not believe that there is the same type of simple to use object lock as is found in say Wings3D... least ways I have not found such to be...

there is always the option to create said object, save as... then delete said object from the scene and then load object back into said scene as an instance, which though scalable etc said object is not editable unless deinstance instance command has been selected... sounds confusing? it is.. to me anyways... better to go the hide selection route hmmmm very good question indeed, thanx for asking that... here's hoping Ivan can shed some new light to this that we have perhaps missed for whatever reason

Thanks gidgit, I will give the instance a look-see, I think this program is a goodie so I'm gonna get it. A late Christmas present.

Hello Mike, sorry for the delay !
    If you didn't select several objects toghether in object selection mode, you cannot select anything in another object than the one selected while working in the other selection modes. This is a kind of auto-lock. However if you use persistent selection (Options/General options), this is sometimes difficult to not select several objects close toghether in object selection mode, specially if they are imbricated or if you have a wide mouse pick area (in Option/General options). I usually use 4 pix.
    I often use the hide solution when I work on close or imbricated objects. Hiding depends on the selection mode you are using (it works only with faces and objects) : in Object mode it hides entire objects, and in Face mode it hides only faces (unfortunately, at this stage it doesn't hide subdivided faces, but the subdivided ones are visible but non selectable while hided).

kindly,
    ivan

My mini-tutorials
    botarosa

Hey hey, this sort of auto lock info is good to know Ivan, thanx kindly

Thanks Ivan, After I used the program for a short time I realized that I could only alter the geometry of the object I had selected. Some software will kill you if you don't lock the geometry. I downloaded the latest ver 1.16 last night, it worked like a charm.