Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi photoshop experts.
    As a newbie i'd firstly like to know how i import an image? Can i use existing pics on my computer or from a floppy and also download from the net?
    I have tried to follow (in vain)instructions in a book but all they say is import from two sources. 1) via a scanner and 2) via a digital camera.They also mention something about TWAIN.Help please!!!
    IP

Hi photoshop experts.
    As a newbie i'd firstly like to know how i import an image? Can i use existing pics on my computer or from a floppy and also download from the net?
    I have tried to follow (in vain)instructions in a book but all they say is import from two sources. 1) via a scanner and 2) via a digital camera.They also mention something about TWAIN.Help please!!!
    IP

to get your images into Photoshop. When I started I also expected "file import" to allow you to open an image file that's on your computer because that's "import" functions on a lot of other graphics programs.
    IP

Here's a tip:

If you use Windows 98 or above, locate the "Send To" folder on your system: try looking in the Windows folder. This folder contains shortcuts to various programs, folders, & harddrives.

When you find it, create a Shortcut for your "Photoshop.exe" file, and put that into the "Send To" folder. (make sure it's a Shortcut and not a copy of the exe file)

The next time you want to open any image (or .psd) file in Photoshop, just right-click on it, and from the "Send To" menu choose Photoshop.

Photoshop will then start up, and load in the image you sent to it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP