Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Logo

I am a member of a Air Force Search and Rescue unit call "Pararescue." Since Vietnam, a pair of green foot prints has been our unofficial "calling card" of sorts. To bolster morale, and esprit de corps, I have been attempting to make a pair of these feet , with a skull face in them, in XaraX. Thanks to last months tutorial in XaraXone, I finally got the eyes right, but and stuck on the teeth...any help/suggestions?

Gizmo sends...

Gizmo sends...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gizmo sends...

I am a member of a Air Force Search and Rescue unit call "Pararescue." Since Vietnam, a pair of green foot prints has been our unofficial "calling card" of sorts. To bolster morale, and esprit de corps, I have been attempting to make a pair of these feet , with a skull face in them, in XaraX. Thanks to last months tutorial in XaraXone, I finally got the eyes right, but and stuck on the teeth...any help/suggestions?

Gizmo sends...

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Thanks to last months tutorial in XaraXone, I finally got the eyes right, but and stuck on the teeth...any help/suggestions? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm flattered, Gizmo.

We need a slightly larger version of the green feet or a close-up detail of the teeth, and I bet you'll get dozens of suggestions.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Beaver It Over So Bumble...

Maybe teeth are not needed in this image?

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Gary, still up? must be 12:00 there (even later here, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] , I need to control xara urge better!)
    Gizmo, maybe some eyebrows

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

If I can, but when this thread is about military logos.. who know. I made this one around a year ago when I served in 12th tank brigade. First I've vectoried the original Slovak army logo and then I got order to make a new logo for our brigade.. so here it is. I have heard that they still use it. I'm not very proud of it. In our country the army service isn't something intelligent and educated man (be it ever so humble ;-) can be proud of. Maybe in future, but not now. I served in singal company btw. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	army.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	7498  

Steve

I think what Gizmo is trying to accomplish is a stylized skull effect. He sent me a larger image which I asked him to post here but a bit smaller as the orignal was pretty huge. So the teeth should have a skeleton quality.

Dmagician -- Nice vectorization of the logo. But the question is teeth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

My question for Gizmo is since you are a search and rescue group, don't you think mean green feet is the wrong message to be sending to those who are in need of rescue? Maybe the mean green feets should become Steve Martin's Happy Feet?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Beaver It Over So Bumble... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Good point Mr. Priester, but we are combatants, mind you. The "true" symbol is merely a pair of green feet with 4 toes...to symbolize the footprints of the "Jolly Green Giant" which was the name of the helicopter that was the major workhorse for Combat Search and Rescue operations in Vietnam.

The Pararescue Flash is an angel holding a globe with a large parachute behind her (a future project!!)

By adding the skeleton face (which incidentally was NOT an original idea...I'm just trying to improve upon the original) I am trying to spice things up a bit. The Seals have their muscle-bound frog, the Marines their rippling Bulldog...I'm just trying to give the "PJ's" something similar.

I will post another picture of the Meanfeet...this one larger. In advance, thanks for any and all suggestions...except for the eyebrow (KIDDING!!)

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

Here is a (hopefully) larger and more detailed versionof the "PJ Meanfeet"

I intend to add a bolder outline, and add some cracks, contour lines, etc. to the face.

I need help with the teeth. Something skeletal...macabre even...

Gizmo sends...

Name:	feet.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	9473  
    Gizmo sends...

Hi Gizmo,

I've made an attempt to add teeth to your logo. I started with a rectangle with rounded corners. Elliptical fill with the profile adjusted so the center colour fills most of the shape. Made copies and changed the width, then arranged so they looked like an open mouth. Applied a linear transparency so the teeth fade into the skull. Placed an ellipse with elliptical transparency in between the rows of teeth to add depth.

Hope this helps.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Name:	meanfeet1.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	1333  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update