Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Thanks gidgit

Well Finally, Here is my first ever 3D image done in Wings3D. Thanks for your gentle but persistent prodding about Wings3D gidgit.

Not Much compared to the stuff you're doing in the thread "guess" but at least I'm over the "damage" done trying to start learning 3D in Blender....very capable software but a hideous UI (at least for me).

Certainly gives me an appreciation of the work you Ivan and others do here. This image had some post production work in PhotoPaint to reduce the jaggies. No render program loaded yet.....Little steps for little feet.

Thanks again.

Bob C.

[This message was edited by Bob C. on December 17, 2003 at 21:49.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	3649  

Well Finally, Here is my first ever 3D image done in Wings3D. Thanks for your gentle but persistent prodding about Wings3D gidgit.

Not Much compared to the stuff you're doing in the thread "guess" but at least I'm over the "damage" done trying to start learning 3D in Blender....very capable software but a hideous UI (at least for me).

Certainly gives me an appreciation of the work you Ivan and others do here. This image had some post production work in PhotoPaint to reduce the jaggies. No render program loaded yet.....Little steps for little feet.

Thanks again.

Bob C.

[This message was edited by Bob C. on December 17, 2003 at 21:49.]

Hi Bob, wow, you are certainly a quick study

nice table here,it is good to see you have already finished a tut... right on

Haha on the Blender thing... I really gave it a go to check out the rendering eh, and wow, I was stumped, so don't feel bad ( and this isn't the first time I have opened Blender either )

I am looking through a whole wack of options for easy color and rendering for you, cause man, ya just gotta do a test render now and again to in order to really check things out... it makes things easier on the ole 2D editor as well eh

keep up the good stuff Bob...

what's next, another object for a scene perhaps?

Looking forward,

Happy creat'n

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gidgit:

...... options for easy color and rendering......

what's next, another object for a scene perhaps? QUOTE]

Rendering as in Yafray ? I think that it can be installed in the same folder as Wings and then launched from there (not sure yet) seems Blender will incorporate Yafray too.

Too early for me to do a scene but will try another Tut and perhaps "dissect" the Table Tut to try some of the techniques on my own in an attempt to know them better.

I do appreciate your help.

Bob C.