Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can somebody try TIFF Export?
    The result on my mashine is always crash [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    What is it? Another BUG?
    Last edited by minimiro; 10 February 2009 at 09:59 PM.
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Can somebody try TIFF Export?
    The result on my mashine is always crash [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    What is it? Another BUG?

minimiro.com

Minimiro

No problem here, although the image I saved wasn't very big.
    1961 x 937 pix @ 256 colours and 96 dpi & 300 dpi

Both resolutions exported easily and completely.
    Did you have many other programs running at the same time? I find I get problems when I am pushing the system...

Reji
    The Wheel "Pushy" Brat
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

I just got this too - only outlook running. WinNT4 SP6, P333, 128 MB.

Were you exporting a selection - I was

And not happy

<font face="dom casual, verdana>James</font>

<font face="dom casual, verdana>James</font>

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I completely removed XaraX from my system, then re-installed and that took care of it. I think it was a problem with an application that I installed after XaraX, not with XaraX itself.

Dennis

<a href=http://www.inconnect.com/~dennisco>Carillus Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

save as TIFF because it is the norm (thank you, Jens!) and I have never had a problem. I can read that your image was some 7 1/2 x 16 inch. That is not extremely big...

My Xara is not an upgrade, but a full version. I uninstalled the downloaded version and simply installed the CD version. I run Win98 SE on a PC with only the minimum installed and lots of spare RAM, and I never run two programs at the same time, with only one exception: Irfanview. I even exit the virusscanner when working. There are some things running in the background, but I close down as much as possible, incluced the Task scheduler, with one exception: the Firewall, as I have a (cheap) cable-connection.

Yea Dennis you are right...
    But bad news is that reinstalling only Xara didn't determined problem....
    Only full reinstall of mashine make things to work OK.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

tired from instalations, instalations, instalations minimiro
    05:38 AM

P.S. Xara Ltd. sleep untroubled dream, that's way the problem is not in You, was just the Windows...
    :P

minimiro.com

I had the same problems on my father's computer. He runs Win 98 on a P1OO machine with 40MB ram and 1G HDD. There is NOTHING on the PC except Word and Works. For eight months I've been installing windows, he had the same fatal errors, freezes atc. The ram was ok, the hard disk was ok, the windows cd was ok. I got tired of installing, installing...most certainly as he is 80 years old, and his typing out his genealogy is all he has as an hobby.
    Now the machine runs fine. I cleaned everything out, with much attention to the cooler of the PC. And bundled all the electric wires and put them aside, far from the cooler. I earthed myself with a copper wire and took out the ram and the video card and replaced them, loosened all connections and put them back. And Windows works just fine.

Another thing: when I sometimes have problems, I always try first the close the program and restart it. If this doesn't help, I try turning off the computer, drink a cup of tea or arrange some papers and then turn it back on. This often helps for small problems too because there can always be small problems in the loading. And beware of cracks: I wouldn't use them ever...And lastly: when you often install trials, cracked progs and other stuff and uninstall them afterwards, it is a good idea to partition your hard drive before you fromat and install Windows. Put your documents on a separate partition so that, if windows has to be re installed, you don't lose your work.

I deeply sympathise, as I know how this eats up your energy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The problem is CAMEDIA MASTER!!!
    Software for my digital camera!!!
    If someone have same software-must be careful!!!
    The only problem is how I use Camera now without software for downloading of photos.... :?@#$%

P.S. Situation normal, all fucked up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

minimiro.com

> Software for my digital camera!!!
    > If someone have same software-must be careful!!!
    > The only problem is how I use Camera now
    > without software for downloading of photos.... :?@#$%

Minimiro
    Sorry to hear about the conflict with the camera software. I stopped using the software that came with my dig-cam but for reasons other than conflicts. What I am using now is a USB device called "ScanDisk" that accepts my camera's memory card and in effect becomes another Hard Drive. Now when I take my 40 or so pictures I just remove the memory card and place it into the device. Instead of waiting for them to download via a Serial port attachment I am now able to access all or one of the pictures instantly. I am able to change the file names, save back to the card just as if I were working with a Hard Drive or diskette... etc.

One place this item can be seen is at the following URL:
    http://www.01dot.com/sanusbcomfla.html

Of course this will be of help to you if you are using a camera that accepts these cards!

Reji
    The Wheel "Hard Drive" Brat
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada