Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everyone
    I have aproblem trying to import XaraX (*.XAR, *.WEB) file format to Xara 3D
    "Failed to import..." error msgbox

PLZ help cuys as soon as .......

Hi everyone
    I have aproblem trying to import XaraX (*.XAR, *.WEB) file format to Xara 3D
    "Failed to import..." error msgbox

PLZ help cuys as soon as .......

Yes i forget to tell you Gary ,I was folloeing your Tutorail (June - Pushing the Envelope! ) where it is a combination of both Xara3D & Corel Xara 2

Help Gary, Help anyone....
    Thanks

Hello AjIsCoool

Are you using Xara 3D 4 and have you installed the
    Xara Pluginfilter?

The plug in filter makes it possible to display Xara vector images on the Web. But it is also necessary to be able to bring Xara vector files into Xara 3D.

Does this help?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

No i think i did not downloaded it, as a matter of fact i did not know that it is a separate download.
    i will download the plugin and i will let you know if it works.
    Thank you a lot Gary for your fast reply, your tutorials on the web and the books (You & David Huss is my number one book).what can i say more. Keep up the good work.

Gary after the download and installation. the import function did not work, is there a different way to install the plugin other than to the browsers, i copied the dll everywhere in the system32, sys..... and Xara3d root directory, but still did not work. i don't know what to do ?
    I have Xara3d v.4 and XaraX ,NT workstation
    Is it possible that the dll works only with older Corel Xara 2.0 ( between Xara 2.0 and Xara3d 4.0)?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is it possible that the dll works only with older Corel Xara 2.0 ( between Xara 2.0 and Xara3d 4.0)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. I think this might be the problem.

I just heard and the plugin does not quite work with Xara X for displaying Xara WEB files on the Web, and so this might be the problem with Xara 3D 4. You can also export your files in WMF (Windows Metafile) file format.

Xara is aware of this problem and is working on a fix.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

AJ

To test whether the plug-in is installed, drag a XAR / WEB file onto your default browser. Try your other browsers if you have more than one. If you use Netscape you can go to Help > About plug-ins and you should see the "Xara graphic plug-in" listed. By the way, Windows may lose track of the dll if you move it around too much - you may have to install it again.

The plug-in doesn't support all the new features of X, but it still works with the old features on my system in IE and Netscape. Let us know how you get on.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Hi Gary & Sean
    I tried to drag *.web and *.Xar files to my browser as you mentioned in your reply, to test if the plugin is installed or not. while dropping the file to the browser i recieved an error message:
    " The drawing "test.web" contains objects (not from version 1.5) which are not understood by Xara graphic Design.There are may be an upgrade a vaailabe on the Xara web site."
    Ignore GoToXara buttons
    i click on GotoXara button the file is displayed in my browser. i hope this helps in solving my problem which i can not import any file created in XaraX as *.Web or *.Xar to Xara3D.
    I use IE v. 5.00.2919.6307IC as browser.

Thanks.....