Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gary,
    Every time i see a thumbnail size pic on a site i either assume it to be either a link to a bigger pic, or no link at all, alls it needs is just a "click the pick" or something.

Simones stuff is excellent!!! that jeager watch is superb does he/she contribute to this forum?

[This message was edited by scouse eric on July 01, 2001 at 13:28.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watch.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	11739  

Have to admit I just read the whole of this thread up to and including Eric's last post, took myself off to the featured artist page and clicked on Simone Pampado's 'mailto' link... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

But now I'm off to look at the pics! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

PS And it's not even like I'd never been there before... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I asked Simone if Simone was a man's or a lady's name but never received a response. I'll ask Simone to check into this thread and perhaps we can put this matter to rest.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

Eric, i've got an Agfa SnapScan e20 - but mine was part of a deal - £99 for the scanner and a lexmark z12 printer.

Neither are too bad, especially for the price.

Like the scan btw, very interesting to see something up close.

P.S. I know this isn't relevant to the group, but do you ever get any problems when the scanner initialises? The scanning head hitting the case and making a lot of noise?

Michael Ward
    http://LeighCenturions.net

micheal,
    I dont think the noise is anything to worry about..they're all noisy. the plastic cases amplify all the movenments inside, the head does a lot of ulra-fast stopping and starting hence the ddrrrrrrrr noises. the prob. i do have is the interface is too automated by default, but i changed that, i want one of those 35mm film gadgets for scanning negs. etc. i believe they are easy to make. anybody tried???
    cheers
    eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bushtoon.gif 
Views:	361 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	252  

I used a mirror device accessory to scan slides on my hp scanjet a couple of years ago. Terrible results. Waste of time. Better to buy a sec hand cheap slide scanner. Microtek etc make em. Heaps of them at universities, because theyre cheap and reliable. Go to your local university and use one?

<u>Noises Off Dept.. </u>
    The best noise my scanner made was the crash tinkle.. tinkle.. that my late unlamented HP scanjet made as I tossed it onto the Feilding Tip last year.
    Very satisfying.

The HP 5P scanjet was so bad it woofed.. more correctly made every clunk crunch noise.. cost me heaps to buy too. Finally bought a cheap agfa scanner similar to above, and it works a treat. Image clarity is achieved in photoshop anyway so for me nowadays the scanner quality etc is irrelevant.. as long as its cheap as I've found scanners are disposable, like all other computer gear.... the only thing worth dying for is the data.

Q.

... is a man. His wife's (or signifigant other's)name is Andrea. I deduced this from a signature (or name) signed to one of the clipart pieces on the Xara X CD,(check example drawings 2).
    In another thread I posted months back, I commented on his sample clipart on the CD and used the term "his" clipart. I was rather tersly corrected (by someone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]), pointing out that Simone is a female name. Made sense to me. Turns out he's a he, though.

You can check out more of his work here. Most of it is in Italian. graphiclab

Ragards, Wayne

Eric,

I can send you the exact measurements of the transparancy modules if you want to. But I don't think you'll be able to use them as you need light coming from the cover of the snapscan and penetrating through the slide or negative. This can be done with the E50, but, if I'm not mistaken, it the only Snapscan that has this possibility. Unfortunately, it is more expensive.

The results are quite acceptable, but the output size is rather limited.

The big difficulty with scanning slides is that they have a far greater contrast range then a photograph printed on paper. So sometimes you have to make two scans that are identical except for the contrast: one for the lights with the dark parts dead and closed up, and one with the lights burned out but the dark parts open. Then put them on two layers and combine.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Wayne,

but then again, 'Andrea' is a male name in Italy (and maybe Spain too). 'Simone' is female here, but it might as well be male in other countries.

'Victor' for instance is female in Bulgaria [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Not to mention that Simone and Andrea might not be a - ahem - mixed couple ?

Anyway, absolutely great work of Simone, whichever gender ...

Wolfgang
    (male hopefully)

Is it an easy diy thing?