Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Does anyone know how to weld and trim? I need to figure it out quickly. I have been working in Illustrator for long and now need to put alot of my vector art in Corel for one certain printing project that only reads a continuous outline

Can anyone help?
    IP

Does anyone know how to weld and trim? I need to figure it out quickly. I have been working in Illustrator for long and now need to put alot of my vector art in Corel for one certain printing project that only reads a continuous outline

Can anyone help?
    IP

You want the Shaping Docker in Corel. A couple minutes with a test document will help you understand its option more than 5 pages of my rattling on, so:

Open a new document & duplicate 6 or so rectangles. Give them different fills, to make the changes apparent. Overlap pairs of them.

Now open the Shaping Docker (Arrange/Shaping/Shaping). With pairs of objects at a time selected, click on the different options (Weld, Trim, Intersect, Simplify, Back Minus Front, Front Minus Back). In a couple minutes you'll "get it".

BTW, the Simplify command is great for cleaning up knockout issues in traced bitmaps.

Hope this helps.

Bob
    IP