(I received this message from Sharone who started this thread. What follows is her message to me followed by John Richardson's response from Xara --Gary)

I am forwarding a reply I received from Xara regarding a slow loading (see my post above). I posted it on the forum but none of the solutions worked. I am grateful to all those who tried to help. But, if anyone else has this problem, I thought you might like to add the solution to your data base for future reference. As you can see, their reply only took a few days.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Sharone

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Thank you for your e-mail query.

Many of the graphical features offered by Xara X are very difficult for printer drivers to interpret (bevels and transparency effects in particular). This is why Xara x offers three methods of printing (via the print options, output dialog): 'normal', 'bitmap' and 'anti-aliased bitmap'. 'Normal' uses the manufactures printer driver to interpret the vector and bitmap shapes, whilst the 'bitmap' and 'anti-aliased bitmap' output options render using the Xara X graphics engine which is then sent to the printer as a readily understood bitmap file. Try the following:

Choose 'File' - 'Print Options'

Choose the 'Output' tab of the dialog that appears

In the 'Print as' areas, choose 'Bitmap' or 'Anti-Aliased bitmap' options (try both as the preferred output is very much a personal preference)

Click on 'Manual' within the 'Transparency resolution' area

Enter the printer's configured resolution in the 'Pixels per inch' field (i.e., 600, 720 etc equating to the dpi settings of your printer)
Click on OK and then print the file

Do make sure you have at least 100Mb of free drive space on drive C:\ when printing - graphics output results in very large print files. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John A. Richardson
Support Sites for Xara products:

(posted by Gary for Sharone)

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone