Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

.......help please! This how the TalkGraphics pages look on my computer but not on my husband's. It has happened before but righted itself quite quickly. I've been away for a week and hoped all wd. be well......not. Very grateful for any ideas.

Penny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara_Conf.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	8330  

.......help please! This how the TalkGraphics pages look on my computer but not on my husband's. It has happened before but righted itself quite quickly. I've been away for a week and hoped all wd. be well......not. Very grateful for any ideas.

Penny

I've seen this happen with IE 6 and Mozilla Firebird. It's usually just a matter of refreshing the browser window to make it go away. I'm not sure why it happens in the first place.

John

Thanks, John - I have IE6, but no amount of refreshing does the trick - Penny

Hi Penny,

I've had it happen in several browsers for windows and for linux. I don't know what causes it. It usually goes away after an hour or so, but I do recall it happening for several days once before.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

you might consider to empty the cache of IE - I think it's called delete temporary Internet files.

Once IE stores the pages in cache, the browser will re-read the page only after a specified time.

At least in Opera this trick helps.

All the best,

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I've had this happen many times both in IE and Opera. It has to be something connected to Infopop going wackie.

http://fasolt.mtcc.com/~mom/xsquirrel.gif

My Stuff

Hi!

Try visiting the page and press CTRL-F5. This forces IE to reload the entire page including graphics. I get the same problem too from time to time.

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

I would think this at one time has happen to everyone visiting this site. I would just repeat what Greame stated because that was going to be my reply "ctrl+ F5".

Hope it cures the problem. Normally if you log out and then come back in it clears.
    Design is thinking made visual.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Penny O'Rorke:

Penny<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have the same display and it's caused by Norton's Internet Security's Ad Blocking feature. Before I come to this site, I turn of the ad blocking feature and the display here is normal. Hope that helps...

Glenn
    Glenn