Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: How am I doing?

Hello, I am a newbie to using Xara although I have had experience of using Artworks quite a bit when I used to own an Acorn computer.

I really enjoy seeing your efforts and getting tips from this forum and thought you might like to see my efforts so far.

My Website

Very nice truck retracement... the watch from Gary's tutorials looks nice too.
    Do you have any technique of retracing a photo? I am always getting messed up with the shades...

Your Drawings are coming along very nicely Richie! Very nice work. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Looks great. Good work.

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Availor:

Do you have any technique of retracing a photo? I am always getting messed up with the shades... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
    In reply to Availor:
    What I do is brighten the image so that I can see into the shadows. If I can't see the detail I just make it a shadow. Also I only use high DPI images as when you zoom in you get more detail. But I am sure you know this already LOL

One thing I do miss which you could do in Artworks is that you could filter the background image so that it appeared monochrome which seemed to help a lot when tracing.

Hi Richie,

You are doing very well. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for showing your images.

You can 'filter' your background image by having it selected and then clicking on a colour on the colour bar at the bottom of the window. Experiment with left and right clicking to see the variations that can be achieved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monochrome.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	15644  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Richie,

You are doing very well. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for showing you images.

To can 'filter' your background image by having it selected and then clicking on a colour on the colour bar at the bottom of the window. Experiment with left and right clicking to see the variations that can be achieved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monochrome.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	17893  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update