Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
so what you are saying [broadly speaking] is that, wheras you can produce meaningful graphic art without web, you cannot produce meaningful web without graphic art
rather reinforces the OP's point I think; too much attention to web, not enough to the core facilitation; part of this is because xara like the pre-packaged template/blocks/OCC approach, rather than the seat of the pants...
No, I am saying there is always a synergy between art and craft. It is the same coin.

I think, in the past, graphic artists have asked for an incorporation of a feature usually present in a competitor's product. The trick is to explain what you are trying to achieve and demonstrate the current limitations. I didn't appreciate the pressure pen aspects much until the recent exchange; Xara may not have either. I just bought an Inspiroy Ink H320M for a play.
Equally, I've never seen solid arguments for have a mesh. If we do, it has to hand vector objects, I would suggest, and retain the result as a vector.

I try and work up interest to Xara through User Stories, a posh way of showing what I want to achieve. Sure, most is web and DTP and many have never materialised but at least I have a go.

Recently, I enumerated the steps to achieve rounded corners. Now I know how to, I can use a macro recorder to create a new function. Perhaps Xara, in time, will implement it.

Acorn