Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Challenges with New Xara Update: Navigation Bar and Page Detai

Following my recent update to the latest version of Xara, I've encountered unforeseen technical challenges that have been rather puzzling.

My primary issue revolves around creating a navigation bar at the top of the page, housing the logo and nav menu, with the name of the company etc. Previously it seemed really simple to set this up. Initially, everything seemed in order, but upon checking the Google preview after several hours of work, the top section appeared mysteriously blank. I attempted different approaches, including relocating items to the mouse-off button, yet none resolved the issue. Strangely, this problem seems isolated to just one page, while others display the navigation bar and logo flawlessly. Even copying the working version didn't yield any success.

The second challenge pertains to page management within Utilities. I meticulously named and detailed each page, ensuring precise alignment between website and page descriptions. However, upon reviewing the pages, the information seems jumbled, with details swapping places unexpectedly. For instance, 'About' shows 'Website Activities,' while 'Activities' displays 'Accommodation.' Even the index page is copied, no luck, the Website and page descriptions keeps on changing. Despite multiple checks, updates, and confirmations, this inconsistency persists.

This experience is entirely unfamiliar to me. Typically, the navigation bar operates seamlessly, and page details remain consistent. My goal is simple: to showcase the logo, a functional navbar with a 'Sticky' mode, and ensure content appears on each page. However, the reality has proven far more challenging, resulting in frustratingly blank pages that intermittently appear and disappear. With a client eagerly awaiting the completion of the website, I'm seeking assistance to resolve these issues promptly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Default Re: Challenges with New Xara Update: Navigation Bar and Page Detai

hdebeer, we cannot help with the exact product and version detail.

My gut expects you have not set up Sticky for these items on this one page.
    You need to advise if this is in Preview or Publish.

There is no page naming in the Utilities dropdown unless you means Utilities > Web Properties > Page > Page title.
    You have not advised the type of website (conventional/Scrolling/Transition).

Does the jumbling occur with Preview or Publish?
    If the latter, you may be seeing browser or server caching.
    Try using a different browser.
    Try publishing to a server subfolder.

Create a copy of your website design keep all the pages but delete all the page contents but keep the logo and company and NavBar.
    Upload this to this Thread.
    To re-iterate, do not change your current design file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat