Quote Originally Posted by Tallis View Post
Been away for a bit, and am sympathizing with the apparent sadness and confusion regarding recent business developments. I've read all the threads now, on this, and have one question- using our best intuition and experience, are we assuming Xara v24 desktop product will rise triumphantly from the ashes and shock the world in October? Or are the sober, grizzled veterans in the forum here thinking Xara pro desktop is, and/or will almost-certainly be, 'abandonware'? (Not talking cloud) (Don't like nor care about cloud, as is the case with many I know)
Tallis, there will be a v24. There is no imperative to have it appear in October. If not a new version, as Xara is not longer tied to the Magix major version release, regardless of content, then continuing feature additions and upgrades should happen as normal.

Xara Cloud uses the same underlying engine that the Desktop has. Xara Cloud cannot replace the Plus versions as it is still cannot achieve the Desktop functionality.
No company would just cut off its revenue base, oh wait.

Acorn - can an acorn be grizzled? I would also wonder about mangy as then I would be a Mity Acorn.