Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
I used to work with truespace back in my late 20's. Here is something I did with it. I would not really recommend investing time to learn it now. Times have changed and there are much more porwerful 3d programs that are free out there including Blender. For that era it was fine to learn 3d with truespace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	behzad-showroom-1-9e1f21fd-eh94.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	132450
Everyone who intends to use 3D has to start somewhere. Notably, seeing an article written by the software director at Pixar Studios, their software if fully proprietary, you cannot purchase it commercially, you can only learn to use it as an employee. So 3D artists are learning to use different software to acquire the skills in order to be hired by Pixar Studios, and then will spend the initial weeks as a new employee learning Pixar's system and software. However, Blender, according to that developer is closest thing to Pixar software. So even though Blender is Open Source, it is one of the most capable 3D applications in existence. You don't have to purchase and learn Maya, Houdini, 3D Studio Max or other high end expensive 3D applications, learn using Blender it's top end and it's free to use. Of course, I'm still learning, and currently use Vue Creator for my professional render work.