Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
Thank you for the update Acorn.
When the Pro+ Cloud combo was first announced there were quite a few TG threads that suggested a stand-alone Pro+ would be welcome; good to see this option materialise along with XWDP & XPGD.
I have not yet seen anything to suggest though that Magix will cease to market Pro X or Web Designer Premium; those on these releases should know by now that the product lags behind Xara releases by 6 months or more. That said, Pro X has had two releases this year so far (March & May).
The recent upgrade offer from Magix for Pro X was GBP 72.99 and included 'Xara X Presets' (from the third party Xara templates); the latter's full price is USD 59 - interesting!
A simple comparison from the above for Pro+ is an upfront fee of GBP 14.99 x 12 = GBP 179.88 less EARLYBIRD07 = GBP 107.93. You could of course request a LIFETIME discount and shave a bit more of the licence fee.
Time of course will tell what happens to Magix and Xara (but they still have a common investor in Bellevue).
From a support perspective, I'm sure Xara is streets ahead of Magix, but the best support resource is TG anyway
Thank you too Gary. It is nice to have a different perspective.

The XaraTemplates.com Xara X Presets can be gained directly for around £30. I rarely see a Magix bundle offer as an incentive.
In crude terms, Xara Plus will be around a third more expensive and is a Subscription; the Magix Update Service is a pseudo-Subscription but you do retain a perpetual licence.
The trade-in is no Magix involvement (apart from its hosting servers), no roll-back and always current. Magix will deliver just enough to keep people hooked.

From a web development perspective, you could pay big money for a personal website built and maintained by someone else. In Xara Plus, its annual cost is around a quarter of a commercial single page design.
For professional web development, few products have a return of investment of less than half a day.

Acorn