Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am having a hard time loading the brushes and fills after I download the zipped file from the webpage. I am merely competent on the computer and am still very new to graphics programs.

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

I am having a hard time loading the brushes and fills after I download the zipped file from the webpage. I am merely competent on the computer and am still very new to graphics programs.

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

You may already have done these steps but...

1. Make sure the zip file is blah.zip and not blah.zip[1] (rename it if necessary)
    2. Unzip it.
    3. Open the XAR file in XaraX.

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Hello Gizmo

Welcome to the Xara Conference.

Are you referring to the fills and brushes on the XaraXone web site? There are lots of cool fills and brushes there.

To get your fills into Xara, you need to unzip the fills to a separate folder (directory). Let's say for example you create a folder called MyFills and then unzip the fills to that folder.

In Xara, open the Fill Gallery (it's on the top right section of the Infobar at the top of the Xara screen and has a pouring paint can icon), and select Disc Fills.

From the Disc Fills menu, browse (using the drop down list at the top of the menu) the the folder in which you unzipped your fills.

Once you find the folder, select it then click Add . Xara will say there is no index and ask if it should create one. Click Create and Xara will create a new section in the Fill Gallery and place thumbnail images of your fills in that section.

Does that answer your question?

The Fill Gallery and how to use it is covered in great deatail in the WebXealot #24. Issues 16 - 27 (the latest) are an illustrated Xara On-Line Manual.

Brushes are covered in WebXealot #25

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Beaver It Over So Bumble...

Thanks for the info...working like a charm now!

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...