Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Bug Re: version 18 is too slow compared to version 17, not usable for me

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    No, this is a specific problem in the Selector tool.
    Have the issues with large documents and repeating objects been reported elsewhere? What is the scenario?
    I swear I bashed my gums over this with Xara (& Cloud) back in July last year.
    I was no willing to upload a 56MB files during the middle of a frustrating development period.

My workaround was to delete all Repeating Group while working on the design and re-apply prior to a re-issue.
    My second workaround was to fall back to XWDPv15.0 as my client had that and reported fewer timing problems.

Basically, the selection of any shape would freeze the application for 15+ seconds.
    The MS Windows Ring of Ouroboros would spin for 15+ seconds; the Web Properties > Link > Link to box would vanish; the monitor screen would go black; the application would jump behind other open windows.
    Each and every click.

I have cut out all the large images and the file size is now 3MB. The document has 107 web pages and one Variant.
    In Xara Pro+ (Xara Designer Pro+ 21.0.0.61527 SL x64 Mar 9 2021), the same is still occurring. [Pro+ is referred to as Xara Designer Pro+ 18 18.0.0.61527 in File > Document History > History tab]

UPDATE: I tried a PM with Attachment but lost it - I will email your directly.

UPDATED UPDATE: I have just created a test file that all can play with: Repeating Groups FAIL.xar
    The delay in this simply Conventional Website is around 3 seconds a click, a move, a jump. same applied - 3 seconds - for a single letter change in the text!
    Open the Web Properties dialog and watch the Link Tab and the Link to Box.

Consider the frustration when this telescopes out to 15+ seconds.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 27 March 2021 at 12:29 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat