Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: new topic

Hybrid View

Hi there buddycom

--
    >The model webpage I am trying to emulate is the Yahoo Homepage.
    >They did a billion dollars worth of ad business and their homepage
    >has almost nothing there but links and a white background.
    --

Why would you want to emulate Yahoo! ?? So many sites out there already do that - just look at any other search engine /amazon.com/barnes&noble ... etc. etc.

I think Yahoo's strong point was getting themselves known .. advertising is everything - especially in the beginning.
    As you mentioned - they forked out a lot of money on advertising - no need to go all out on their design when all that branding could guarantee so many visitors.

Don't try to copy them - IMHO I think the internet's too big a place to have another 3 columned site with links scattered all over it.
    (Unless you have billions to spend getting yourself known [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

I hope you'll change your mind and re-think how your site will be layed out - design-wise. The internet can be a cold, fickle world ... and who's to say the Yahoo! look will be in fashion in a few months.

(I say this to encourage your imagination, and not as a critisicm).

-------
    Kind Regards
    Some Crazy SA Gal
    IP

Default Re: new topic

TalkGraphics has closed this Thread
    If you have concerns, PM a Mod.

It is easier to raise a new Thread and link back to this one.
    If there is a valid reason then the Threads can be merged into the older one and it re-opened.

The Thread has been closed as it is has passed its best before date (stale or old) and is prone to spamming.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP