I retired at 55, behzad, that was 20 years ago. We've been through the care giver thing for both my family and my wife's. Also main caregiver for an aunt who lived to be 106. She lived in her own home till 103, so yes those times can be draining. First and foremost you have to be financially secure to have a good retirement. Retirement allows you to pursue hobbies or work when you feel like it, or travel. I've enjoyed every minute of retirement and never looked back. I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want
to work for pay anymore. Enjoy your 50's and 60's because your 70's and older are not your best years as you get closer to the finish line. You can't buy time. I've lost more than half the good friends I grew up with now. This year has been a bummer in many ways with Covid, but the end is in sight. We love to travel in the winter. Being a speed freak one of my favorite yearly rituals is to take the Advanced Road Racing course at Bondurant Race School in Arizona. Something I never had the time to do when I was working (next winter for sure). If you are unsure take six months off and see how it works out. By the way I like your illustration. Robert Bateman lives on Salt Spring Island which I look at every morning out my kitchen window. Good luck on your future decision.